About Tri Tech Automation:
Tri Tech Automation is a customer-focused system integration company based in Moscow Mills, MO. We partner with our clients to develop unique solutions to their most common challenges. We are a turnkey solutions provider with expertise developing process control systems, production line integration, network and compute infrastructure, electrical design, electrical panel fabrication, and installation. We serve customers that range in size from Fortune 500 companies to small and medium sized local businesses. We leverage our team’s deep industry experience to serve clients across industries that include food and beverage, oil and gas, specialty chemical, cement, and mining.
We are a team of innovators and problem solvers with a passion for partnering with manufacturing clients to maximize their productivity by applying industry leading technologies and our deep industry expertise. Our obsession with creating unique solutions to challenging problems for our customers is fueling tremendous growth and recognition throughout our industry. Our company treats employees like family, and our team members enjoy a fun, fast-paced, work environment where they have opportunities for advancement and career growth while achieving a healthy work-life balance. If you are driven to do meaningful work and make an impact, Tri Tech Automation offers a very unique opportunity.
Tri Tech Automation has experienced tremendous growth year over year for the last 7 years. This growth has led to the need for more business development professionals to properly meet the needs of our extensive customer base. Some of the roles and responsibilities of a Business Development Manager include:
- Manage relationship with a portfolio of existing clients and generate business with new customers.
- Develop value-based relationships with customer based on understanding their business and delivering outcome-driven solutions.
- Expand existing client relationships into new business segments or business functions by leveraging additional TTA capabilities to deliver more value across their organization.
- Provide value to our customers by providing solutions to their problems through technology and right sized designs and products
- Embody Tri Tech core values and represent the company positively while working with customers, vendors, and partners
- Write proposals for projects including engineering and consulting, design and build electrical panels, and full turn-key solutions.
- Estimate projects that include core Tri Tech Automation capabilities including control panel design, fabrication, software development and testing, checkout, and commissioning
- Actively participate in project closeout meetings to continuously get better at understanding customer challenges and delivery team capabilities.
- Collaborate with PMs and Engineers to mentor and support their efforts to develop client relationships and identify new opportunities during the project delivery phase.
- Identify project risks and lead timely development of mitigation plans at the proposal phase.
- Stay current with technology and software solutions within the industry.
- Effectively resolve conflict in a fair manner that balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Visit customer sites for in-person client meetings and project walk downs as necessary.
- Support delivery teams as appropriate to manage commercial situations.
- Identify additional solution opportunities at the client through conversations about their goals and objectives
- Work with other BDMs and the BD team to set sales goals and achieve them as a team.
- Assume 20% travel
Qualifications and Strengths
The ideal candidate will either:
Currently work as a business development professional in the system integration field, or is a senior level controls engineer or project manager who has been delivering projects at a high level for several years who excels in developing strong relationships. Additionally, this candidate has a desire to grow their customer relationship skills and focus more on identify and architecting solutions that address a client’s production and operational objectives architecting solutions and solving big problems with people who want to work with them.
Tri Tech Automation is a fantastic place for a business development professional as we provide all parts of a turnkey automation project. These in house capabilities include electrical design, panel fabrication, MCC modifications, panel FAT, software design, software development and testing, installation services, industrial network design, checkout, and commissioning services.
Qualifications of preferred candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in the systems integration field as a controls engineer, project manager, business development, or worked for a manufacturing firm and was responsible for working with systems integrators to implement automation solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 collaboration tools (Teams, OneNote, SharePoint, etc.)
- Engineering or project management experience with delivering Rockwell Automation solutions including ControlLogix, Factory Talk View, Historian, Thin Manager, FT Batch, and PlantPAx required.
- Experienced in commissioning and startup of turnkey projects.
- Experience with other automation platforms and software such as Siemens, Ignition, Wonderware, and DCS systems a plus
- Experience in estimating industrial process automation projects including hardware, software, panel design, network design, programming, checkout, and commissioning of complex solutions
- Understanding of project delivery methodologies and best practices
- Manufacturing process expertise in the following industries is a plus: Food & beverage, brewing, chemical, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, mining/cement
- 4-year degree in an engineering discipline is a plus
- Key Strengths Include
- Budget creation
- Communication (written and oral)
- Conflict resolution
- Detail oriented
- Motivates others
- Results driven
- Stress management
- Strategic planning