About Tri Tech Automation:
Tri Tech Automation is a customer-focused system integration company based in Moscow Mills, MO. We have a world class electrical control panel fabrication facility, an experience design engineering team, and installation capability that allows us to offer unique and differentiated solutions. We serve customers that range in size from Fortune 500 companies to small and medium sized local businesses. We leverage our team’s deep industry experience to serve clients across industries that include food and beverage, oil and gas, specialty chemical, cement, and mining.
We are a team of innovators and problem solvers with a passion for partnering with manufacturing clients to maximize their productivity by applying industry leading technologies and our deep industry expertise. Our obsession with creating unique solutions to challenging problems for our customers is fueling tremendous growth and recognition throughout our industry. Our company treats employees like family, and our team members enjoy a fun, fast-paced, work environment where they have opportunities for advancement and career growth while achieving a healthy work-life balance. If you are driven to do meaningful work and make an impact, Tri Tech Automation offers a very unique opportunity.
- Lead all phases of a control systems project: Feasibility, estimating, requirements definition, design, implementation, startup/commissioning
- Support estimating of project costs and schedules based on preliminary scope
- Define the system functional and user requirements based on specifications, schematics, P&IDs, existing controller programs and applications, interviews with key client stakeholders
- Develop a system architecture design that includes PLC/HMI/DCS, IO, industrial network, compute infrastructure
- Collaborate with our Project Manager to meet project expectations for scope, budget, and schedule
- Communicate regularly with Project Manager and other project stakeholders on status, risks, costs, schedule
- Collaborate with other Controls Engineers as part of an integrated delivery team on larger complex projects
- Lead design reviews with client’s key stakeholders to ensure solution meets technical, system, user requirements
- Travel to client site for discovery, requirements definition, and startup and commissioning of control system projects
- Maintain expertise and awareness on latest technology trends and vendor/partner offerings to make informed recommendations to clients that align with their needs and desired business outcomes.
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience developing industrial automation system architectures, control system programs, industrial networks, and reporting/information solutions based on sound design methodologies, industry standards, and technical knowledge
- Understanding of how PLCs operate and communicate with external devices, systems, and networks
- Ability to create a program functional specification from a P&ID or system diagram and discussion with customer stakeholders \
- Proficient in at least one PLC programming software (Rockwell Automation preferred)
- Proficient in application development in at least one HMI/Scada platform
- Proficient in HMI software, screen development, tag database creation, and components of the HMI system
- Knowledge of the different IEC 61131-3 programming languages available in the PLC platform
- Ability to debug medium complexity programs and program routines with basic instruction
- Experience configuring external devices such as IO, variable frequency drives, solenoid manifolds, network switches, etc.
- Strong customer communication skills and ability to effectively manage oneself alone on customer site
- Key strengths include: Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, time management, collaboration, self-directed, customer focused, balances competing priorities
- Education: 2-year technical degree, or BS in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering